INSIDE SECRETS AND HIGH IMPACT ACTION STEPS TO HELP
YOU BRING SUBJECT & CLASSROOM TO LIFE
55 Ways is a collection of proven and practical
strategies to teach youth leadership skills. Unique
in its format and content, this quick reference tool
is a must for anyone striving to impact students.
- Teach fundamental leadership principles using creative strategies
- Challenge students to apply critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- Meet different learning styles
- Get students up and moving around
- Include small group and individual activities
- Make learning fun
- Apply ideas to other subjects
- Renew your passion for teaching
Bonus Material: Links to resources
A must have for anyone working with youth
Great for in-school programs, homeschooling, youth seminars, leadership classes, and community programs
What the Research Says About Teaching Youth Leadership Skills:
- Quality leadership activities should be organized, fun, interactive, and provide real-world application. Respondents also reported that they preferred training to occur within their school, through national workshops, or via international experiences (Anderson & Kim 2009).
- Parker and Begnaud (2004) urged leaders of the educational system to prepare adolescents to fill future leadership roles and to meet what they described as a “leadership gap” in the job market.
- Through transformational leadership, teachers can motivate students to rise above their own expectations (Avolio, 1999; Rosebrough & Leverett, 2011).